Aluminium Extrusion Saw Lubrication
We achieve our results by using positive displacement pumps to send micro amounts of oil (in a spray pattern) down to the saw blade. Where this concept is nothing new, Unist has been able to cut oil consumption dramatically by switching the customers oil to Coolube 2210AL. In one instance, we reduced the oil consumption from 6 litres per day to 250ml.
Unist has many excellent examples and a vast amount of knowledge when it comes to aluminium extrusion. One of the major demands of the customer is that the oil used must not stain the finished product as this will result in a product recall and unhappy customers. Our Coolube 2210AL does not stain, contains no paraffin’s, no mineral products, no silicone, produces no VOCs, and does not leave a sticky residue. Our oil is a vegetable oil which we define as an Advanced Metal Cutting Lubricant.
In short, the benefits of Unist Coolube® with MQL are:
- Significantly increases blade and tool life.
- A cost effective conversion for all machine types.
- No waste – kind to the environment and no wasting money either More economical in the long run – using Coolube® preserves machine parts for longer and prevents rusting
- Clean – no more messy slip hazards from excess coolant oozing down machines and walk ways
- The MQL system dispenses precisely the amount of Coolube® needed. No more, and no less.
- Better for machine operators – no more dermatitis caused by skin contact with coolants.
- Coolube does not oxidise or go sticky.
Changing from Alucabond/Composite panel to Solid Aluminium Sheet
Do you find yourself having to Route 3mm solid Aluminium sheet in preference to Alucabond/Composite panel? If you are experiencing any of the following you need to talk to our John Barker (Managing Director) of Unist Australia.
- Ragged cutting
- Burning out cutters
- Breaking router bits
- Terrible surface finish
- Just the inability to get the job done
We understand your problem, you need to lubricate the routing cutter with our 3 nozzle Coolubricator.
For help on this matter call John Barker on 02 8850 2022 or email [email protected].
Watch a Routing video: https://unist.com.au/routing