How to Select a Cutting Fluid
A cutting fluid should have specific characteristics to be effective at cutting metal. Here are some of the major properties to look out for:
- Good heat transfer performance: This will reduce the amount of heat given off during cutting and therefore reduce the chances of accidental fires. It also ensures the metals will not be ruined by excessive heat.
- Good lubrication performance: This is very important, reduction in friction reduces the amount of heat produced and therefore increases the tool life.
- Cutting fluid should flush chips away from the work surface.
- It should prevent rusting of the cutting tools and materials.
- It should not corrode the tools or the metals.
- The cost of the cutting fluid should be relative and proportional to the output.
- The cutting fluid should be environmentally friendly to dispose of without causing any pollution.
- People handling the cutting fluid should be able to use it comfortably without having to worry about its toxicity levels.
Always read the product labels before purchasing any cutting fluid to make sure you are buying the right product for your specific needs. If the work you are performing is light duty, less heat will be produced and the task is even easier to complete.
Cutting fluids undergo maintenance using a refractometer to check the concentration of the soluble emulsions, checking the pH levels and checking the amount of tramp oil, the hydraulic oil that leaks into the cutting fluid system. Over time the fluid will degrade due to bacterial growth and tramp oil; as this happens, discard the cutting fluid in a safe, environmentally friendly manner.
FREE Bottle of Coolube®
When you buy a Coolubricator, saw system or any other piece of Unist Hardware over and above $1,900.00 we will give you a 3.785 liter bottle of Coolube 2210/2210AL/2210EP absolutely free of charge (valued at $245.00)
Also any customer that buys more than 7 bottles of Coolube 2210/AL/EP will get the 8th one absolutely free of charge, plus free delivery anywhere in Australia.
Also at the same time check out the benefits of using Coolube over other cheaper products that are on the market.
Limited Time Offer!
This offer is only available until June 30 2019. Get in quick to take advantage of our special EOFY deal and save!
Just get in touch by calling Unist on 02 8850 2022.
THIS OFFER ENDS ON THE 30TH OF JUNE 2019
and cannot be used with customers who already receive special pricing.
Changing from Alucobond/Composite panel to Solid Aluminium Sheet
Do you find yourself having to Route 3mm solid Aluminium sheet in preference to Alucobond/Composite panel? If you are experiencing any of the following you need to talk to our John Barker (Managing Director) of Unist Australia.
- Ragged cutting
- Burning out cutters
- Breaking router bits
- Terrible surface finish
- Just the inability to get the job done
We understand your problem, you need to lubricate the routing cutter with our 3 nozzle Coolubricator.
For help on this matter call John Barker on 02 8850 2022 or email [email protected].
Watch a Routing video: https://unist.com.au/routing
The facade industry is moving in part from ACM to Solid Aluminium panels. HVG/Alucobond Architectural are introducing MondoClad, a Pre-finished 3 mm aluminium panel.For more information go to: